Rob Roy MacGregor was the George Clooney of early 18th century Scotland. He had style, he had taste. Guys admired his outlaw ways and he drove the ladies wild. So on this National Tartan Day, to honor Americans of Scottish descent, we present a recipe for this classic Scottish cocktail. The Rob Roy is much like a Manhattan but calls for blended Scotch instead of Rye. Make one or order it, and maybe even try wearing a kilt to get yourself in the spirit. Scottish pride!
- cracked ice, to fill your cocktail shaker
- 2 ounces Blended Scotch
- 1 ounce vermouth
- dash of Angostura bitters
- lemon twist, for garnish
- Pour the scotch, vermouth, and bitters into the cocktail shaker or glass filled with cracked ice.
- Stir and strain into a chilled glass.
- Rub the lemon peel along the rim of the glass and twist and drop into the glass for garnish.
Are you celebrating National Tartan Day? Tell us how in comments.