We’re all about recipes for leftovers, especially roast chicken. It doesn’t have to be as boring as making yet another batch of chicken salad or adding shreds to soup. Rather, invest your active cooking time in creating a great new home for well-deserving leftover poultry. This Asian-inspired noodle bowl comes together in under half an hour for an easy weeknight dinner.
- 2 14.5-ounce cans chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons ginger root, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces buckwheat soba noodles
- 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey, cubed
- 2 cups bok choy, shredded
- 1 cup pea pods, halved
- 2/3 cup radishes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- scallion strips, to garnish
In a Dutch oven combine broth, ginger, and soy sauce. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots; simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in noodles. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 4 minutes or until noodles and carrots are tender.
- Stir in chicken, bok choy, peapods, radishes, and sesame oil; heat through.
- Sprinkle each serving with scallion strips.