I adore sangria, but if you order that drink in Mexico, you get red wine mixed with lemonade. This combination is a sparkly party option and the addition of grapes makes it particularly suited for the New Year where it’s tradition to eat 12 grapes at midnight. Or serve it at any other festive gathering.
- 8 cups diced fresh fruits, such as melon, pineapple, apples, pears, and halved grapes
- 4 cups chilled silver tequila
- 3 cups chilled dry Champagne
- 3 cups chilled Sauternes
- 1/2 cup simple syrup or to taste
- Juice of one lime
- In large punch bowl, combine all ingredients and stir over ice.