Its balance of frutiness and spice makes this mango dipping sauce a light but complex summer condiment. It pairs perfectly with salt and pepper shrimp, and the lively flavor is sure to impress your guests.
- 3-4 cups packed diced mango (about 2 medium ripe mangoes)
- 1 small red bell pepper, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor or heavy duty blender, add the mango and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and add the shallot, red pepper, jalapeno, and lime juice. Combine and season with salt to taste.
- Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to use.