Pizza and wine, a great combination that Chef Eric Lee is indulging in this summer at Sonoma County’s Simi winery. His Landslide Terazzo Pizza Café at the Healdburg, California winery serves up seasonal pizzas that pair perfectly with the winery’s, um, wines. Lee suggests that this vegetable pizza be paired with a Simi Sonoma County Chardonnay.
- 2 heads garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 large leek, split, cleaned and sliced
- 2 zucchini, peeled and cut into small dice
- 2 sprigs thyme, chopped
- 4 sprigs Italian flat parsley
- 1 lemon, sliced in half
- 1 batch pizza dough
- 6 ounces fresh ricotta or fromage blanc
1. Preheat grill to about 450 degrees.
2. Divide the dough into 4 pieces. Roll out each piece until it is about 1/8” thick. (The more uneven and rustic the shape, the better!)
3. Place dough onto hot grill. Cook until the bottom is set and there are nicely golden grill marks.
4. Flip over and add garlic paste. Top with the vegetable mixture. Close the barbeque lid to heat the toppings.
5. Remove from the pizza from the barbeque. Top with dollops of cheese and squeeze a little lemon juice over the entire pizza.
6. Cut and serve.