Ham and white cheddar grits—this Southern staple is a great addition to brunch. Grits are easy to make and perfect for serving a crowd. We’ve added ham and white cheddar, but feel free to spice yours up with roasted chilies or make them sweet with maple syrup.
- 1 cup ham, cubed
- 2 cups grits
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- extra virgin olive oil, for finishing
- Cook the grits according to the package instructions — different grits have different cooking times. The general rule is usually 4 cups of milk or water for each cup of grits.
- Once the grits are cooked, fold in the ham and shredded cheddar.
- Season with salt and pepper. Finish off with a drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil.