Salmon steaks are just as satisfying as beef and a much healthier option, filled with coveted Omega 3’s and perfect for pairing with a pinot noir or even some ales. This simple recipe uses fresh dill to add a pop of flavor to the grilled salmon, making it an easy and delicious recipe for a spring or summer dinner.
- 6 (1- inch thick cut) salmon, steaks
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill, fresh, roughly chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 3 tablespoons for the butter sauce and 2 for the fish
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat grill and clean with a grill brush.
- In a food processor, place garlic, dill, 3 tablespoons of oil, and the butter and pulse until combined. Set aside.
- Rub the remaining oil over steaks and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill steaks, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove to a platter and generously spread the dill butter mixture over the fish. Serve immediately.