Not all Bloody Marys are bloody. At Cafeteria in NYC’s Chelsea neighborhood, the mixologists switch things up by using a mix of yellow tomatoes and green tomatillos, putting a tasty green twist on the classic brunch cocktail.
Green Mary base
- EQUAL PARTS
- yellow tomatoes, chopped
- tomatillos, husks removed
- cucumber, peeled and chopped
- green apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3-4 dashes green jalapeno Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon white horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 splash olive juice
- Blend the tomatoes, tomatillos, cucumber and apple until smooth.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the puree with the rest of ingredients 1 cup of ice. Shake and strain into a 12 oz glass.
- Finish with a pinch of salt and float a few grounds of black pepper on top.
- Garnish with celery heart, cucumber slices, lime, and green olives.