The editors of Food & Wine magazine have a cookbook out that will bring new life to your pantry and give your favorite kitchen staples a much-needed makeover. Take 50 popular ingredients and transform them into 200 easy-to-make recipes for everyone at your table.
Serve With: Toasted baguette slices.
Pairing Wine: Citrusy, medium-bodied Spanish white, such as Verdejo.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 small jalapeño, minced
- 3 drops worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 2 medium Hass avocados, finely diced
For the tartare
In a medium bowl, stir the olive oil with the onion, lemon juice, capers, parsley and the 1 tablespoon of mustard.
Stir in the jalapeño and Worcestershire sauce and season with salt and pepper. Gently fold in the avocados.
Mound the tartare on plates and dollop some mustard in the center of each serving.