Pub grub craving? Whiskey fan? Pork Slope* just might be the place for you. Dale Talde’s Brooklyn bar slings a mean shot ‘n beer (from 25 taps) along with snacks you don’t have to think twice about. Take an illustrated peek inside. On our last jaunt, Talde loaned us a few invaluable recipes, including these famous spicy chicken nuggets.
*Pork Slope has since closed.
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups rice flour
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cayenne
- fried chicken spice (recipe below)
- honey mustard (recipe below)
Fried chicken spice
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 cup smooth Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
For the fried chicken spice:
- Mix all ingredients together.
For the honey mustard:
- Combine with whisk in mixing bowl.
For the chicken nuggets:
- Cut chicken breast into one-inch cubes. Mix together yogurt and Frank's Red Hot Sauce.
- Put chicken in a large zip lock bag and cover with yogurt hot sauce marinade. Let marinade for one day.
- Drain off excessive marinade and dredge in rice flour.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Season with fried chicken spice and serve with honey mustard.
Try out these nuggets and tenders recipes on Food Republic: