Pub grub craving? Whiskey fan? Pork Slope just might be the place for you. Dale Talde's Brooklyn bar slings a mean shot 'n beer (from 25 taps) along with snacks you don't have to think twice about. Take an illustrated peek inside. On our last jaunt, Talde loaned us a few invaluable recipes, including these famous spicy chicken nuggets.
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups rice flour
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cayenne
- fried chicken spice (recipe below)
- honey mustard (recipe below)
Fried chicken spice
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 cup smooth Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
For the fried chicken spice:
- Mix all ingredients together.
For the honey mustard:
- Combine with whisk in mixing bowl.
For the chicken nuggets:
Cut chicken breast into one-inch cubes. Mix together yogurt and Frank's Red Hot Sauce.
Put chicken in a large zip lock bag and cover with yogurt hot sauce marinade. Let marinade for one day.
Drain off excessive marinade and dredge in rice flour.
Heat oil to 350 degrees.
Fry until golden brown.
Season with fried chicken spice and serve with honey mustard.
Try out these nuggets and tenders recipes on Food Republic: