We all know granola is great for breakfast and as a snack on the go, but we love this one for dessert. Sprinkle on pies, Greek yogurt, cobblers and ice cream. Your typical hot fudge sundae gets a little bravado when you hit it with a handful of this granola, and you get the satisfaction of enjoying every bite.
The 7/20: If you have these items in your arsenal, recipes categorized by 7/20 can be made with 7 or fewer additional ingredients in only 20 minutes of active cooking time.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Combine the oats, brown sugar, almonds, cinnamon, oil, coconut, and salt in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Spread the mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with the cherries, and chocolate.