You don’t have to be a contrarian to feel like a piña colada instead of a margarita come Cinco de Mayo (week). NYC Mexican haven Rosa Mexicano created the perfect fusion of pineapple, coconut, citrus and tequila to satisfy even the most indecisive of festive Mexican holiday drinkers. The Coco de Mayo — yup, that’s “coconut of May” — is a great way to satisfy the urge without breaking out the blender and hurricane glasses.
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce fresh pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 ounces Coco Lopez
- 2 ounces Herradura silver
- toasted shredded coconut, to garnish
- Combine ingredients in a shaker and shake well with ice.
- Strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish rim with toasted shredded coconut.