At the James Beard Awards, the folks at Plymouth Gin were kind enough to stock the press room with some super bartenders and a slew of gin-based cocktails, like this weirdly—yet wonderfully— vegetal Celery Stalker, created by Kirk Estopinal of Cure in New Orleans.
Plymouth is a slightly fruity, full-bodied gin made in Plymouth, England. Fun fact: the distillery is on the site of a 16th century Dominican Friary where Miles Standish and his fellow Pilgrims spent the night before they set sail for America.
- 2 ounces Plymouth Gin
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 dashes celery bitters
- Perrier Jouet Grand Brut Champagne
- 1 cucumber slice, for garnish
- Put all ingredients except the champagne, into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain into a coupe, top with champagne
- Garnish with a cucumber wheel