With all the amazing meat arriving from the grill during Food Republic's Grilling Month, you may need a light appetizer to kick things off. Cooking Light magazine's new cookbook, Pick Fresh, is a collection of simple preparations of seasonal vegetables. This cauliflower "caviar" is a healthy, flavorful first course.
- 4 cups coarsely chopped cauliflower florets (about 2 pounds)
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 24 Belgian endive leaves (about 2 small heads)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Arrange cauliflower florets in a single layer on a 13 x 9–inch metal baking pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with pepper and salt, tossing to combine. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until cauliflower is lightly browned.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add prosciutto to pan; sauté. 10 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; sauté. 1 minute. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine cauliflower mixture, prosciutto mixture, and vinegar in a large bowl; coarsely mash with a fork. Stir in chopped parsley. Spoon 2 tablespoons cauliflower mixture into each endive leaf. Serve warm or at room temperature.
More cauliflower recipes on Food Republic: