Something about blue cheese seems to scream out “don’t eat me, I’m moldy!” Unfortunately for the cheese, we’re too addicted to the tangy, creamy delicious stuff, which graces both salad and platter of atomic wings alike, to hear its cries. Ready to have your mind blown? Try replacing the thousand island dressing on your Reuben sandwich with this.
- 6 ounces best-quality blue cheese, such as Maytag or Danish, crumbled
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 scallions, white and green only, thinly sliced
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Season with salt and pepper. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.