If you’re not a fan of buttery, liquored-up sweetness, we’ve got a Mediterranean brown rice salad that’s probably right up your alley. But if the thought of fluffy, homemade pancakes covered in Bananas Foster sauce gets you into the kitchen, we guarantee you won’t regret rolling out of bed. Notes: these are fine at 2PM or whenever you rouse yourself, and unfortunately this recipe involves no flaming of liquor. We’ll work on getting you one that does, though.
Consult our handy and totally foolproof guide to making perfect pancakes, make them first and keep them warm in a low oven, then douse them with this topping for the best banana pancakes you never wrote a guitar song about.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 6 ripe bananas, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 generous shot rum
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add bananas and saute for one minute.
- Add the maple syrup, lower heat and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until bananas are warmed through and well-coated.
- Add rum, increase heat briefly (just until sauce is bubbly), then pour over pancakes and serve immediately, garnished with chopped pecans.