The 7/20: If you have these items in your arsenal, recipes categorized by 7/20 can be made with 7 or fewer additional ingredients in only 20 minutes of active cooking time.
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets trout, skin on
- 2 tablespoons pesto, homemade or bought
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season the trout with salt and pepper. Rub each fillet with pesto and wrap each with two slices of bacon.
- In a large cast iron pan or heavy skillet over medium-high heat add the oil. When the oil is hot add the trout, skin side down. Cook for 2 minutes, until bacon is nicely browned.
- Turn the trout fillets over and place the entire pan in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Squeeze lime juice over the cooked fillets and serve.