Beer And Bison Burgers Recipe
Beer-infused burgers with a schmear of pub cheese
If there's one magazine that publishes great cookbooks, it's California-based Sunset. Their simple, fresh and flavorful recipes come from all over the western United States, but will find their way into your repertoire no matter where you are. Need a go-to bison burger recipe? This one balances the lean meat with creamy, garlic-spiked pub cheese. And hey, healthy sprouts!
"Bison, beer and a garlicky cheese spread add up to something special, but this recipe is also delicious when made with beef."
- Mix bison, oats, 2 tablespoons of ale and the salt and pepper in a large bowl until just combined.
- Shape into four 1/2 inch patties with a slight depression in the center of each to help keep burgers flat (they’ll shrink as they cook).
- Let burgers rest at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator; they’ll hold together better and stay juicier when cooked.
- Heat a grill to medium (350°F to 450°F).
- Whirl garlic in a food processor until minced.
- Add cheeses and remaining 2 tablespoons ale and whirl until smooth.
- Brush burgers with oil.
- Grill them covered, turning once until cooked the way you like, 6 minutes for medium.
- In last few minutes, grill split buns, turning once, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange burgers on bottom of buns and top with sprouts.
- Spread bun tops with cheese mixture.
Find more burgers on Food Republic: