Strawberry And Cream Cheese Waffle Sandwiches Recipe
Check out the sweeter side of breakfast sandwiches
Ordinarily we'd pass the "quick and healthy" cookbook section in lieu of something with more cheese, but if you're going to cook light, better take a page out of Better Homes and Gardens. These strawberry and cream cheese sandwiches pressed in a waffle iron are as attractive to behold as they are delicious. Don't worry, real waffles aren't going anywhere. We're just using their facilities.
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese and the 4 teaspoons honey.
- Spread one side of the bread slices with cream cheese mixture.
- Top four of the bread slices with strawberries, granola and sunflower kernels.
- Top with the remaining four bread slices, spread sides down.
- Coat a waffle maker with cooking spray; heat according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Cook sandwiches, one at a time, in waffle baker about 2 minutes or until golden.
- When done, use a fork to lift sandwich off grid.
- Cut sandwiches into halves or quarters.
- If desired, serve with additional honey.
Find more strawberry breakfast ideas on Food Republic: