Herbed Fish Skewers With Smashed Potatoes And Skordalia Recipe
A hearty Mediterranean dish that packs in flavor
When it comes to the basics, look no further than a cookbook by renowned Test Kitchen master Pamela Clark. Her simple, triple-tested recipes are delicious and genuinely foolproof, two things you'll want to consider when tackling grilled fish. Pair the skewers with Greek skordalia, a thick, rustic purée of garlic, olive oil and bread, and serve with smashed potatoes for an authentic Mediterranean dinner.
- Thread fish onto eight skewers. Place in medium shallow dish.
- Brush with combined oil and herbs.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, make skordalia.
- Boil, steam or microwave potato until tender. Drain.
- Mash potato in medium bowl until smooth.
- Discard crusts from bread.
- Soak bread in small bowl of cold water. Drain. Squeeze out excess liquid.
- Blend or process bread with remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Stir bread mixture into potato.
For smashed potatoes:
- Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain.
- Mash half the potatoes in medium bowl with sour cream and butter until smooth.
- Using a fork, crush remaining potatoes until skins burst. Fold into mash mixture.
- Cover to keep warm.
- Cook skewers in heated oiled grill pan.
- Serve fish skewers with smashed potatoes and skordalia.
Find more seafood skewers on Food Republic: