Spiced Fried Fish With Lemon Pistachio Couscous Recipe
Spicy fish fillets for a light, healthy dinner
When it comes to the basics, look no further than a cookbook by renowned Test Kitchen master Pamela Clark. Her simple, triple-tested recipes are delicious and genuinely foolproof, two things you'll want to consider when tackling fried fish. The lemon pistachio couscous is a bright, flavorful side that serves as the perfect background to the spicy fish.
For the couscous:
- Combine couscous, the water, zest and juice in medium heatproof bowl and cover.
- Stand about 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, fluffing with fork occasionally.
- Heat oil in small skillet. Cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens.
- Stir onion mixture, nuts and mint through couscous, season to taste.
For the fried fish:
- Combine flour and spices in medium bowl.
- Add fish to the bowl, rubbing the spice mixture all over.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Cook fish, in batches, until browned and cooked as desired. Serve fish with couscous and wedges of lemon.
- Serve fish with couscous and wedges of lemon.
Find more fried fish recipes on Food Republic: