When cold weather strikes, there are few more comforting things to eat than soup and a sandwich. While grilled cheese and tomato soup will always be the classic standby — and don’t worry, we’ve got a great example below — there are plenty of other pairings just waiting to provide the perfect lunch or dinner. Check out these five carefully curated combos and prepare to take a dip.
1. Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup with Dill → Pastrami Reuben
2. James Beard’s Garlic Soup → Italian Grilled Pork Sandwich
3. Beer and Cheese Soup → Steak Sandwiches with Caramelized Onions
4. Roasted Tomato Soup → Smoky Jalapeño Grilled Cheese with Tomatillos
5. Butternut Squash and Sage Soup → Fried Green Tomato Sandwich with Bacon Chutney