Tortilla Quinoa Salad With Lime Cilantro Dressing Recipe
A quick, tasty, gluten-free salad recipe for lunch
Blogger Wendy Polisi of CookingQuinoa is a master of the tiny little super-seed, which is why we were excited to receive a quinoa cooking book with recipes besides salads. Quinoa salad is awesome though. Particularly this one, which employs our favorite taco salad ingredients in a much healthier application.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut tortillas in half and then into ¼-inch strips. Place on a baking sheet and spray with olive oil spray. Salt and pepper to taste. Bake about 10 minutes, turning half way through.
- Meanwhile, if using chia gel in place of the oil in the dressing, combine chia seeds and water. Stir well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, red onion and avocado.
- Make dressing by combining all ingredients in a food processor or blender and processing until smooth.
- Toss salad with desired amount of dressing and top with tortilla strips.
Try out these recipes with quinoa on Food Republic: