Roasted Garlic Kale & Quinoa Salad With Cranberries Recipe
A hearty kale salad packed with tangy-sweet flavor
Blogger Wendy Polisi of CookingQuinoa is a master of the tiny little super-seed, which is why we were excited to receive a quinoa cooking book with recipes we can't wait to make, including (and maybe especially) this hearty fall salad with lots of healthy garlic and fresh roasted cranberries, perfect for a Thanksgiving first course.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. Place cranberries and garlic on pan and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until cranberries are wrinkled. Cool slightly.
- Peel and chop garlic. Combine chia seeds and water and set aside for 10 minutes. (Skip this step if you are using olive oil for the dressing.)
- In a medium jar combine chia gel or olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, maple syrup, mustard, salt, and pepper. Shake well. Pour dressing over kale and massage. Allow kale to sit for 10 minutes.
- Add quinoa, fennel, walnuts, red pepper, onion, cranberries, and chopped garlic. Toss. Taste. If your cranberries are extremely tart, drizzle with another teaspoon or two of maple syrup and toss again. (You don’t want the salad to be sweet; this is just to cut the tartness.)
More fall salad recipes on Food Republic: