Endive Salad With Creamy Pine Nut Dressing And Shaved Parmesan Recipe
Re-create this easy salad from Scarpetta at home
We've been waiting a long time to tackle the recipes from Scott Conant's Scarpetta Cookbook. But before we dive head-first into the pasta, let's start with a classic Italian-inspired salad of bitter radicchio in a creamy-savory pine nut dressing. We're not barbarians, after all. "As much as I love spaghetti, I do more than just make pasta," he says.
Check out our recent interview with Conant for more from one of our favorite celebrity chefs.
For the dressing:
- In a blender, purée the pine nuts, lemon juice, honey, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and crushed red pepper. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil a little at a time; the dressing should be a thick, mayonnaise-like consistency.
- Transfer the dressing to a bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons water. Taste and season with additional salt, if needed. (The dressing can be made 2 days ahead and kept covered and refrigerated.)
- In a large bowl, gently toss the endive, radicchio and arugula with 1/4 cup of the dressing and half of the Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Divide among serving plates and top with the remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano and the pine nuts.
- Drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette and serve.
Try out these salad recipes on Food Republic: