Broccoli And Cheese Penne Recipe
Topped with classed-up garlic and lemon breadcrumbs
And all of a sudden, it was casserole season. The baking dishes crept out of their hiding places and heavy cream found itself in our fridges. Get back into the season of warm, melty, cheesy baked casseroles with this broccoli and cheese penne bake from renowned test kitchen chef Pamela Clark. This one has a particularly delicious sprinkling of tangy-savory lemon-garlic breadcrumbs on top. Need we say more?
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Oil a deep 8-cup ovenproof dish.
- Cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Add broccoli for last 5 minutes of pasta cooking time; drain. Rinse pasta and broccoli under cold water; drain, cool.
- Combine pasta, broccoli, eggs, cream, milk and cheddar in large bowl; season.
- Spoon mixture into dish; sprinkle with combined breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic, rind and parsley.
- Bake, uncovered, about 40 minutes or until browned lightly and set.
- Stand 10 minutes before serving.
More vegetarian pasta recipes on Food Republic: