Mango-Tomatillo Guacamole Recipe
A fruity, tangy spin on our favorite dip, ever
If you're going to eat light, make sure it packs tons of flavor so you don't get to the end of your meal wearing a sad face. Miami-based chef and TV personality Ingrid Hoffman's Latin D'Lite is full of recipes with bold vibrant flavors that won't weigh you down. Lighten up your guac with bold mango and bright tomatillo for a dip you'll want to serve with more than just chips.
Think of guacamole as a blank canvas that takes well to the addition of other ingredients, like sweet mango and tart tomatillos. I serve this as a dip or as a sauce with grilled shrimp, fish or chicken.
- Mash the avocados in a medium bowl with a fork, leaving them still a bit chunky.
- Fold in the tomatillos, mango, onion, chile, cilantro and mint.
- Add the lemon juice and gently mix to evenly distribute the ingredients. Season with salt.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole to discourage discoloring, and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Serve with the chips for dipping.
Try out these guacamole recipes on Food Republic: