Italian Stuffed Cherry Peppers Recipe
Prosciutto and cheese make for a hearty filling
We're always looking for simple recipes for big, flavorful bites. Party food, bar food, random snacks — it's all good. We stumbled upon what appears to be the perfect Italian stuffed cherry pepper recipe from Chef Doug Psaltis at Chicago's RPM Italian restaurant. Pour yourself a glass of something nice, and dig into these peppery, sharp and salty treats.
"The stuffed cherry peppers are a great snack to have with a glass a wine or a perfect, light way to start off a meal and also perfect for entertaining," says Chef Psaltis. "The peppers are one of my favorites, they are drenched in olive oil which complements the sharpness of the provolone cheese and saltiness of the prosciutto."
- Remove the stems and seeds from all the cherry peppers.
- Cut the provolone cheese into small cubes and cut each prosciutto in half.
- Wrap cheese cubes with prosciutto and stuff inside peppers.
- Marinate the peppers in olive oil overnight, covered and refrigerated.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
Pair this dish with one of these Italian pasta recipes on Food Republic: