Honey Baked Pistachio Wings Recipe
A sweet wing recipe from a fried chicken master
Check out this recipe for honey baked pistachio wings from the man who invented the underground fried chicken DJ party: Dante Gonzales of Dante Fried Chicken, Ride or Fry food truck and subsequent pop-ups (read our interview with him, On The Road With Dante Fried Chicken). He is one guy to trust with your poultry if you want it crispy and delicious. You do, right? Then heed his secret trick and don't even think of cutting corners: steam the wings briefly, chill them in the fridge overnight, then blast them in a hot oven to crisp them up. You will be rewarded with the kind of crunch you never thought yourself capable of creating.
- Fill a 6-quart sauce pan fitted with a steamer basket with 1-inch of water. Bring to a boil.
- Place the wings in the steamer basket, cover, reduce heat to medium. Steam the wings for 10 minutes. Remove wings from basket and carefully pat them dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine the rub ingredients.
- In a large bowl, coat wings with the oil, then add the rub and toss to coat well. Place coated wings a wire rack set in a baking sheet lined with paper towels, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate them for 3 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake the wings, preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Replace the paper towels in the baking sheet with parchment paper. Return the racks to the baking sheets and put the wings in the middle rack of the oven.
- Roast wings on the middle rack for 20 minutes. Turn them over and roast until the wings are cooked through and the skin is golden brown, another 20 minutes.
Many more chicken wing recipes on Food Republic: