Spiked Pecan Pie Recipe
A holiday classic with a piratey grown-up kick
There are few desserts that can't be improved with a little booze. In fact, none immediately come to mind. Thanks to Sailor Jerry's rum for this spiked pecan pie recipe! But why the rum? A shot or so of spiced rum amplifies the flavor of the pecans and makes the dessert pairing as easy as...well, you know.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Add dark corn syrups, sugar, Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum and vanilla and mix until well-incorporated.
- Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour pie filling into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes then lower temperature to 350 and bake for another 25-35 minutes until pie is set.
- Let cool and serve with whipped cream.
More Thanksgiving dessert recipes on Food Republic:
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »