Vodka Red Bull Jello Shots Recipe
Your favorite jello shot, now with a boozy boost!
We love the crazy creations we source reliably from food blogger Michelle Oddis of That's So Michelle. We've been popping these energizing, yet tasty, jello shots like it's almost Halloween. Adults get special candy, we've earned it.
Red Bull. I can't drink it on its own, I turn into a crazy lady with shaky hands and a nervous stomach, but I ocassionally will order a Red Bull and vodka if we are out with friends and I need a little pick me up. (Hello dance floor!) My husband on the other hand, loves this stuff. He was the one that suggested I try this jello shot. A jello shot with an energy burst. Sounds pretty awesome.
You don't need the silicon molds for this shot, you can make them in cubes by using a brownie pan and cutting out the shots with cookie cutters.
- Prepare your molds by spraying them with cooking spray or coconut oil lightly and cut your cherries in half and reserve for later. (This helps the cherries stand upright in the shots)
- Pour 1 cup Red Bull into a medium sauce pan (should be almost the whole can). Sprinkle your 1 and 1/2 packets of gelatin on top (don't stir) and let it sit for 2 minutes to activate the gelatin.
- Turn on low heat and stir in the gelatin until it all dissolves. Let the Red Bull get to a light boil and turn off the heat. Let it cool slightly and then add your cup of vodka.
- Pour half of your Red Bull jello mixture into your molds (or pan) let refrigerate and harden (about 2 hours). Place one cherry in each mold (or spread out an inch apart on in a pan) with the stem side up and cut side down, upright.
- Top with the rest of the jello mixture gently, not disturbing the upright cherries. Let refrigerate over night. Carefully, take a butter knife and edge around each mold to help release the shot. Pop them out and serve.
Tip: Lightly grease your serving tray with cooking spray or coconut oil before serving so the shots don't stick and break when people try to pick them up by the cherry stem.
If you like these, you'll love our Caramel Apple Jello Shots!