Red Wine Sloppy Joe Sliders Recipe
Add a little class to this old summer camp favorite
Molly Quirk is chef/owner of Sips 'n Bites in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. If you haven't had a thoughtfully handcrafted sandwich in a while, there's no better place to get your fix. She's generously donating a few of her tailgate food recipes to our cause: feeding you during football season.
The ingredient list for these sloppy joe sliders may look a little lengthy, but every seasoning you add to the mix infuses the meat with an huge flavor that fits surprisingly well in a mini-bun. Prepare to take down quite a few of these.
Here's a time-saving cheat to give your mini sloppy joes a little crunch and zip — buy an order or so of onion rings from the nearest place serving onion rings and quickly reheat in a hot oven for about 10 minutes before topping the sliders. No messy batter, no deep-fryer, oily paper towels or extra half hour of clean-up necessary. Not that we don't love all those things.
- Saute vegetables in oil until softened.
- Add meat and spices and stir until well combined.
- Deglaze pan with wine, and reduce liquid by half.
- Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat and and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve on mini brioche buns topped with onion rings.
Read more about Sloppy Joes on Food Republic: