Oyster Slider Recipe
Make oyster sliders to please your next crowd
Nothing inspires as much hope in the future of humanity as a platter piled high with simple, perfect sliders. Such is the case with this oyster slider recipe from Marc Murphy of surfer-themed gastropub Ditch Plains fame. Fear not the oyster, for it is easily shucked (check out our handy gif), dredging is a lot easier and less messy than breading and slider construction might as well be arts and crafts. If that doesn't convince you, the photo should.
For the sliders:
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot or cast-iron pan, add frying oil. Heat oil to 350 degrees, testing with a frying thermometer.
- Coat oysters evenly in flour, then add the oysters to the oil and fry until golden brown and crispy (about 1 minute).
- Remove from oil and season with salt and pepper.
For the Old Bay mayonnaise:
- Mix mayo and old bay together thoroughly.
- Bottom bun
- Spread of old bay mayonnaise
- 1 dill pickle slice
- 1 crispy oyster
- Iceberg leaf atop oyster
- Top bun