Pigwich Sandwich Cookies Recipe
Pig out on the bacon dessert craze with cookies
St. Louis chef and restaurateur Gerard Craft shares this recipe for bacon fat-spiked chocolate sandwich cookies. If there ever was a time to enjoy a savory-sweet dessert, it's right now.
We’ve always had an affinity for the pig at our restaurants, and we always try to have fun with it. Maybe it’s being the father of two young girls, but we added a playful dish to the Taste menu with our pigwich: milk chocolate shortbread cookies with whipped bacon fat cream. Take it as the man’s version of the Oreo.
- With paddle attachment cream together butter, brown sugar, sugar, and cocoa powder until light and fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until dough is formed.
- Remove from bowl, wrap and reserve in refrigerator until ready to use.
- When ready to bake, roll out into even layer of 1/8 in sheet and punch out desired shapes.
- Bake at 325F until cookies don’t look shiny, remove and let cool.
- For the filling, melt down the bacon fat and add vanilla extract.
- Slowly stir in the powdered sugar until fully incorporated and slowly add milk to achieve the creamy filling texture.
More bakin' with bacon on Food Republic: