Jelly Doughnut Pancakes Recipe
We love when dessert goes out for brunch
It's not our fault so many desserts translate seamlessly into pancakes. Just look at these:
- Red Velvet Pancakes
- Pineapple Upside-Down Pancakes
- Oatmeal Raisin Pancakes
- Bananas Foster Pancakes
- Coconut Macaroon Pancakes
But, you could easily argue that doughnuts are breakfast food, which Midtown's Lexington Brass does many, many times every weekend. We thought their jelly doughnut pancakes would look beautiful on our ever-growing list of pancake recipes. Use our recipe for pancake batter, then follow this technique for stuffing them with jelly like any doughnut-loving American would, given the inspiration.
Since you're going through the effort of making stuffed pancakes and macerating berries, using store-bought lemon curd is perfectly acceptable.
- Wash berries, and if necessary, cut to matching size.
- In a mixing bowl, toss berries with sugar. Keep cold until ready to serve.
For the pancakes:
- Spray cooking spray in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. 2. Pour 1 ounce of pancake batter into the skillet, and heat for about 30 second until the batter begins to set.
- With a spoon, place 2 ounces of jelly into center of batter.
- Pour 1 ounce of batter over jelly/batter mix, and bake at 425 degrees for 9 minutes.
- Remove immediately, plate 2 pancakes with berries and lemon curd, mint leaves and powdered sugar.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »