Paprika Lamb Meatballs Recipe
A recipe for lamb meatballs with smoked paprika
Paprika's lamb meatballs are a very simple dish — a few simple ingredients that make a perfect meal. This is a recipe that I have known since I was a kid. I got it from my mother, who to this day makes the meatballs the same way. As a kid I also loved the leftover meatballs on a toasted roll, it was probably my first attempt to put flavors together. They do make a great sandwich (if you have any leftover).
The meatballs are a very popular dish at Paprika and we make them every day. If you walk into the kitchen any day during prep time, you’ll likely see a guy rolling these little balls.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the ground lamb in a bowl. Add parsley, paprika, salt, ground pepper, onions, eggs and mix everything together with your hands.
- Squeeze excess liquid from the bread (it should be moist but not very wet) and add to the meat mixture. Work it in again for another 2-3 minutes, then refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, brush a baking sheet with vegetable oil.
- Take mixture out of the refrigerator and make meatballs: take a spoonful of the mixture and roll it in your hands to make a walnut-size meatball.
- Place the rolled meatballs on the lightly oiled sheet and bake for about 14-18 min – you are looking for a nice brown color.
More awesome meatball recipes on Food Republic: