Sugar Snap Pea And Endive Salad Recipe
A snap pea salad recipe from ABC's Dan Kluger
Sugar snap peas are really a great versatile vegetable. A quick blanch in heavily salted water and then shocked in plenty of ice water is ideal in bringing out the crispness of the snap peas.
The crunch with the acidity and Parmesan cheese really brings all parts of the salad together. It’s a really light and flavorful summer salad.
For the dressing:
- Combine the Parmesan, vinegar, lime juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a blender. Blend at high speed.
- Slowly pour the oil in making sure that it emulsifies together.
For the salad:
- Clean snap peas by peeling off strings along the sides.
- Blanch for 30 seconds in salted water (1 cup of salt to 2 quarts water), and remove to an ice bath to cool.
- Dry the snap peas, and slice into thin, vertical strips.
- To plate each serving, place endive leaves in center of a plate. Top with a small mound of sliced snap peas, a drizzle of dressing, grated parmesan and herbs.
- Repeat twice using endives each time. Drizzle more dressing around the plate. Finish with black pepper and herbs.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »