Blueberry Basil Martini Pops Recipe
Try a summery booze-spiked blueberry pop-tail
You might think that blueberry and basil seem like an unlikely couple, but you're in for a ridiculously delicious treat. The pops have a deep berry flavor, with a sweet hint of fragrant pepper from basil-infused simple syrup.
- Combine the water and sugar together in a small pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar completely dissolves. Add the basil and stir.
- Remove from the heat, cover and cool to room temperature to make a basil-infused simple syrup. Strain, discarding the solids.
- Puree the blueberries, lemon juice and basil syrup in your blender in batches. Strain into a large bowl, mashing the puree around with a spoon to extract as much as liquid as you can.
- Discard the solids. Whisk with vodka.
- Fill the pop molds with the blueberry mixture leaving 1/4 inch at the top. Freeze until slushy, then insert a stick in each. Freeze overnight, until solid.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »