Shrimp And Scallop Burger Recipe
Summertime: A healthy burger recipe with shellfish
There are a lot of options when it comes to summertime burger recipes. You may not want the heaviness of a beef patty, but a turkey burger may deliver in the flavor department. That's where the shrimp and scallop burger comes in. With bright Asian flavors and a delicate texture that features the protein you crave in a much more sophisticated form, it's definitely a burger recipe to add to the list. Add a squirt of sriracha or dollop of fresh guacamole and serve on top of a salad or in a bun for a light lunch or dinner.
Oh, and even though it doesn't call for grilling in the recipe we just thought we'd mention again: don't grill these. They'll fall apart before you can say "mollusk." A quick pan-fry will do the trick.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Coarsely chop the shrimp and scallops in a food processor—do not overprocess.
- Transfer the seafood to a bowl and mix with the garlic, ginger, scallions, sesame oil, mirin, and soy sauce. Mold into four 1½- inch-thick burgers.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a sauté pan over medium heat and cook the burgers on both sides until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 10 minutes, until cooked through.
More burger recipes on Food Republic:
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »