Ceviche De Los Andes Recipe
This ceviche recipe has a fruity secret ingredient
This ceviche recipe comes from Argentina (sometimes they take a break from grilling cow), penned by Chef Noelia Scquizziato of Terrazas de los Andes winery in Argentina’s northern Salta province. The recommended pairing is a Torrontés, a fruity, acidic and crisp white — ideal for summer if you're interested in brushing up on your obscure varietals. The wine complements the exotic and spicy flavors of this shrimp and scallop-based ceviche. Find a bottle of this aromatic nectar and get your ceviche on!
- Clean and dice prawns and scallops
- Saute shrimp and scallops 3 minutes or until shrimp is slightly pink and scallops are no longer opaque. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Dice red pepper, green pepper, grapes and pear. Combine in large bowl.
- Slice scallions into ringlets and finely chop garlic and cilantro. Add to bowl.
- Pour fruit juices and wine over vegetable and fruit mixture. Add hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust spices before adding seafood to mixture.
- Drain cooled seafood and add vegetable mixture. Cover and cool in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.