Momma Dobias' Pancake Sandwich Recipe
May 24, 2012 10:01 am
All your favorite breakfast items in one epic dish
“This brunch dish is a tribute to my mom, Momma Dobias. When I was a kid and my dad had to work overtime, my mom would make "breakfast for dinner," which was basically a pancake sandwich. It always hit the spot.”
—Joe Dobias, chef/owner, JoeDoe
Servings: 1 sandwich
1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 pieces bacon
powdered sugar and maple syrup, to serve
- Combine all pancake ingredients in a large bowl.
- Follow our instructions for making perfect pancakes and make two large ones our of the batter. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon until crisp (use our handy guide if you like) and drain on a layer of paper towels.
- Drain off most of the bacon fat and fry the egg.
- Assemble the sandwich: pancake, bacon, fried egg, other pancake, and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Serve with maple syrup.
Level of Difficulty:
Food Republic Newsletter
Freak shows, stone steins, "beer corpses" and more
A Middle Eastern spread with serious history
Consult this chart; be a good person
Chefs, butchering, baking, booze, vegan. Yes!
The hottest new spots in the hippest global hubs
Beer is bigger, and better, than ever
People wait hours for famed Austin 'cue. But why?