Momma Dobias' Pancake Sandwich Recipe
May 24, 2012 9:01 am
All your favorite breakfast items in one epic dish
“This brunch dish is a tribute to my mom, Momma Dobias. When I was a kid and my dad had to work overtime, my mom would make "breakfast for dinner," which was basically a pancake sandwich. It always hit the spot.”
—Joe Dobias, chef/owner, JoeDoe
Servings: 1 sandwich
1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 pieces bacon
powdered sugar and maple syrup, to serve
- Combine all pancake ingredients in a large bowl.
- Follow our instructions for making perfect pancakes and make two large ones our of the batter. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon until crisp (use our handy guide if you like) and drain on a layer of paper towels.
- Drain off most of the bacon fat and fry the egg.
- Assemble the sandwich: pancake, bacon, fried egg, other pancake, and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Serve with maple syrup.
Level of Difficulty:
Food Republic Newsletter
Creative, comfortable spaces to enjoy great brews
A hypnotizing vegetarian tart packed with flavor
Goa Taco is not quite Indian. Nor quite a taco.
Nightclub culture meets hush-toned mixology
An interview with NYC's restaurant resurrectionist
The Precision Cooker from Anova is a game changer
The big wine stories on our radar