Spring Omelet Recipe
Asian ingredients and chilis spice up this egg dish
This Asian-inspired egg dish from NYC's innovative Spice Market is not your average Denver omelet. Expect nothing less from one of Wolfgang Puck's outposts.
Packed with seasonal spring vegetables, the omelet is topped with a spicy coconut-shrimp sambal and finished in the oven. You won't find this amidst the smoked salmon, home fries and hollandaise of your neighborhood brunch spot. But you might find it in Malaysia.
For the coconut jam:
- Cook garlic in oil until lightly golden.
- Add shrimp and cook until deep golden.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook until light syrup consistency. Set aside.
For the egg mix:
- Blend ingredients with an immersion blender and set aside.
For the omelet:
- Heat an 8-inch cast-iron skillet till very hot. Add oil to coat. Sauté vegetables until lightly caramelized. Add the egg mixture and basil and stir to coat.
- Place the eggs in a 350-degree oven until the mix has set and cooked through.
- Top with garnish and serve immediately.