Grilled Corn Pesto Macaroni Salad Recipe
A new pesto recipe to brighten up macaroni salad
I love making different kinds of pesto — I mean it doesn't mean "basil," it means "paste." That's a pretty solid blank canvas right there. I make it with different herbs and emulsifiers for a new twist every time. I've also found that most kinds of pesto make great macaroni salad with a little mayo as a binder, which is convenient because although this marks the end of Macaroni Salad Week, macaroni salad season is only just beginning. I'm gearing up for a long, prosperous summer of corn with this grilled corn pesto recipe. Tossed with pasta, it's the perfect side for your picnic or barbecue.
For a semi-Mexican variation, add chili powder, lime juice and crumbled cotija to taste.
- Follow our easy instructions for grilled corn on the cob, allow to cool and cut kernels off the cob.
- Transfer half the corn, half the scallions and all the pine nuts and parmesan cheese to a blender or food processor and pulse lightly to break up ingredients.
- Begin adding olive oil in a slow drizzle, and continue pulsing until you have a coarse paste.
- Transfer contents of blender to a large bowl, add the rest of the corn and scallions and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain well and add to bowl with corn pesto and mayonnaise.
- Toss to coat, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »