Sugared Mango Muffins Recipe
A muffin recipe for juicy seasonal mangoes
Saturday mornings spent at home call for big breakfasts. Still in our pajamas, we take time to prepare dishes that weekday schedules prohibit: Belgian waffles, baked eggs, and muffins. My family loves muffins, and our favorites are the ones laden with sweet, ripe fruit — blueberries, raspberries, peaches.
While I prefer this recipe with mango, you can substitute any of the aforementioned fruits. Although usually available year round, mangoes are at their best in spring and summer, which is when I bake these moist muffins that aren’t too dense and deliver the essence of mango. These muffins are best eaten the day they are baked.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place paper liners in 18 standard muffin cups.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Put the butter and granulated sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and cream together on medium for 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, blending each time until fully incorporated, stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed with a rubber spatula. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add half of the dry ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, stop and scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is moistened.
- Add the sour cream and beat until just combined. With the mixer on low, add the rest of the dry ingredients until moistened, stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl with the spatula. Do not overbeat. Stir in the mangoes using the spatula or a wooden spoon.
- Using a tablespoon or ice cream scoop, fill the prepared muffin cups three-quarters full. Sprinkle each muffin with 1/4 teaspoon sparkling sugar.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until pale golden and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Let cool in the pan.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »