Wasabi Flank Steak Recipe
Serve this flank steak with miso-glazed potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 450F and preheat a cast-iron grill pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the wasabi and water, then stir in the horseradish and soy sauce.
- Rub the steak with 1 teaspoon of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the steak over high heat until lightly charred, about 5 minutes. Flip the steak and spread the wasabi mixture over the charred side.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast the steak for 10 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 135F for medium rare.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan of boiling water, cook the potatoes for 15 minutes. Drain and let cool. Wipe out the saucepan.
- Add the remaining 3 teaspoons of oil and the potatoes and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally until golden, 5 minutes.
- Combine the miso and mirin; add to the potatoes and cook, stirring, until glazed, about 2 minutes.
- Thinly slice the steak across the grain and serve with the miso-glazed potatoes and the watercress.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »