Espresso Maple Bacon Recipe
Mar 4, 2012 10:01 am
Would you like some coffee with your bacon?
1/2 pound thick-cut nitrate-free bacon (approximately 6-8 slices)
1/4 cup Toby's Maple syrup (recipe below)
1/2 cup pure Vermont Maple Syrup
6 whole cardamom pods
- Stir together the espresso and the syrup.
- Add the cardamom pods and let steep together in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the cardamom pods.
For the Bacon:
- Lay the bacon out on a sheet pan. Bake in a 350-degree oven, turning once until bacon is mostly crisp but not too dry.
- Remove from the pan. Brush 1⁄2 teaspoon of the Espresso - Maple syrup on each slice of bacon and let cool a bit before devouring.
Level of Difficulty:
10 minutes, plus overnight refrigeration
Food Republic Newsletter
Chefs on flavor, skins, shapes and seasons
The cans and bottles to seek out
Craig Deihl is the cured-meat master of Charleston
Crunchy tortilla-crusted inside-out nacho sticks
In the smokehouse for decades, he's still obsessed
One of NYC's youngest, most artful chefs speaks out
Let that melty cheese ooze out and get crunchy
Turn functional storage into a stylish centerpiece
Florida chef on the pressure to find talent