Espresso Maple Bacon Recipe
Mar 4, 2012 11:01 am
Would you like some coffee with your bacon?
1/2 pound thick-cut nitrate-free bacon (approximately 6-8 slices)
1/4 cup Toby's Maple syrup (recipe below)
1/2 cup pure Vermont Maple Syrup
6 whole cardamom pods
- Stir together the espresso and the syrup.
- Add the cardamom pods and let steep together in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the cardamom pods.
For the Bacon:
- Lay the bacon out on a sheet pan. Bake in a 350-degree oven, turning once until bacon is mostly crisp but not too dry.
- Remove from the pan. Brush 1⁄2 teaspoon of the Espresso - Maple syrup on each slice of bacon and let cool a bit before devouring.
Level of Difficulty:
10 minutes, plus overnight refrigeration
Food Republic Newsletter
Consult this chart; be a good person
Fall's here. We're going to keep making popsicles.
Somebody calculated the most nutrient-rich veg
Chefs, butchering, baking, booze, vegan. Yes!
The hottest new spots in the hippest global hubs
Beer is bigger, and better, than ever
People wait hours for famed Austin 'cue. But why?