Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe
You only need 1 recipe for chocolate chip pancakes
There's something so dessert-like about a stack of chocolate chip pancakes that we can't help but make them for breakfast, especially on the weekends when a morning sugar high contributes to a great early afternoon nap.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together all your dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients until the egg is broken up.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and add the chocolate chips. Gently stir until you stop seeing flour. Be careful not to overmix, that will make the batter tough. Leave a few lumps for tender pancakes.
- Place your a large non-stick pan over a medium-high flame and let the surface get hot. It's hot enough when you sprinkle a few droplets of water over the surface and they evaporate.
- Moisten a paper towel with vegetable oil and lightly wipe the bottom of the pan. This will keep the pancakes from sticking.
- For each pancake, gently pour 1/2 cup of batter into the pan, using a ladle or a measuring cup. Use the back of a spoon to spread the batter into a circle.
- Bubbles will form in the batter. When they begin to pop, the pancakes are ready to be flipped. Turn over gently with the spatula and cook for about one minute on the flip side.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »