Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe
Mar 3, 2012 11:01 am
You only need 1 recipe for chocolate chip pancakes
There's something so dessert-like about a stack of chocolate chip pancakes that we can't help but make them for breakfast, especially on the weekends when a morning sugar high contributes to a great early afternoon nap.
Servings: 20 pancakes
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups whole milk
4 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together all your dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients until the egg is broken up.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and add the chocolate chips. Gently stir until you stop seeing flour. Be careful not to overmix, that will make the batter tough. Leave a few lumps for tender pancakes.
- Place your a large non-stick pan over a medium-high flame and let the surface get hot. It's hot enough when you sprinkle a few droplets of water over the surface and they evaporate.
- Moisten a paper towel with vegetable oil and lightly wipe the bottom of the pan. This will keep the pancakes from sticking.
- For each pancake, gently pour 1/2 cup of batter into the pan, using a ladle or a measuring cup. Use the back of a spoon to spread the batter into a circle.
- Bubbles will form in the batter. When they begin to pop, the pancakes are ready to be flipped. Turn over gently with the spatula and cook for about one minute on the flip side.
Level of Difficulty:
Food Republic Newsletter
You’ve heard the term. But really, you can do it.
They're hot, often dirty and pretty much tired
Vietnamese noodle soup, it’s what’s for breakfast
Learn the different kinds of smoked salmon
Investors are bullish on the take ’n’ bake concept
A tailoring theme, a lively bar scene and more
The young NYC chef makes a “simple peasant dish”
Discover a lively cuisine in Israel’s fertile north
An old tiki favorite gets a new-Brooklyn twist
Spicy, tangy, Italian-style ribs in red sauce