Easy Banana Pancakes Recipe
You only need one recipe for banana pancakes
Last weekend we conducted a word association survey to decide which basic and necessary pancake recipe to run. As it turns out, just as many people want the best recipe for banana pancakes as they do for blueberry.
Making banana pancakes is about as easy as adding sliced bananas to our perfect pancake batter. Actually it's exactly that easy. And in case you're more of a French toast person, we hear bananas tend to hang out in there too.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together all your dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients until the egg is broken up.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and add the sliced bananas. Gently stir until you stop seeing flour. Be careful not to overmix, that will make the batter tough. Leave a few lumps for tender pancakes.
- Place your a large non-stick pan over a medium-high flame and let the surface get hot. It's hot enough when you sprinkle a few droplets of water over the surface and they evaporate.
- Moisten a paper towel with vegetable oil and lightly wipe the bottom of the pan. This will keep the pancakes from sticking.
- For each pancake, gently pour 1/2 cup of batter into the pan, using a ladle or a measuring cup. Use the back of a spoon to spread the batter into a circle.
- Bubbles will form in the batter. When they begin to pop, the pancakes are ready to be flipped. Turn over gently with the spatula and cook for about one minute on the flip side.
Food Republic Newsletter
Throughout May we will be offering wall-to-wall grilling coverage including grilling tips, gear advice and interviews with immortal Grilling Gods.
Grilling Month Giveaway
All month we're giving away an amazing lineup of grilling-related items. Come back every few days to enter and win.Enter the Contest »