Fettuccine alle Cipolle Recipe
Fettuccine with sweet onions, rosemary and lamb
I am begging you to try this Fettuccine alle Cipolle — it’s a must! This recipe is so easy to prepare — adding in the wine and stock gives the lamb such a lovely flavor and the onions create a truly creamy texture. Even thinking about this dish makes my mouth water. In fact, I paused through writing this intro to make this very dish. Think roast lamb with fresh rosemary, sautéed onions, and a glass of wine. Imagine those flavors and now add pasta. Heaven.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and sauté the onions, carrot, and rosemary over medium heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until softened and golden, 5 minutes.
- Add the lamb and mix well, allowing the meat to crumble. Cook, stirring frequently, until the meat has browned all over, 5 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and cook for another 3 minutes to allow the alcohol to evaporate. Season with salt and pepper and pour in the stock.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and immediately add to the meat sauce. Increase the heat to high and gently mix the sauce and the pasta together for 30 seconds, stirring continuously, to allow the sauce to coat the pasta evenly.
- Serve immediately, topped with the freshly grated Parmesan cheese.