Rigatoni ai Carciofi Recipe
Pasta with artichokes, garlic and orange zest
I have always found artichokes a little bit like Marmite — you love them or you hate them! In my case, I absolutely adore them. If you have never tried them, please have a go at this rigatoni al Carciofe recipe — you won’t be disappointed. Never ever buy artichokes that are preserved in brine because they aren’t worth eating.
- In a large skillet or wok, melt the butter with the oil.
- Once hot, add the garlic, rosemary, olives, and artichokes and sauté over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in the wine and cook for an additional 2 minutes to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Add the orange zest, season with salt and pepper, and mix everything together. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and add to the pan with the artichoke mixture.
- Return the pan to high heat and mix everything together for 30 seconds to allow the sauce to coat the pasta evenly and serve immediately.